19 October 2008

Sunday

For those of you who dont like searching through the Alaska e-Post to try and find my stories, Ill try to remember to link them.
Story 2
http://www.usarak.army.mil/alaskapost/Archives2008/081010/Oct10Story1.asp

Story 3
http://www.usarak.army.mil/AlaskaPost/Oct17Story11.asp

I happen to love the Cav guys!! I have another story due tomorrow at noon for them, I didnt blog about it since Im writing a story, but it was much fun!! Scrubbing the 2000+ pictures that I took however, is a little tedious... and after I blog, Im off to work on a Sunday night (and worked til 1am Saturday) to try and get this deadline.

Finding a church here has been an issue of procrastination. Finally sucked it up this morning and went, and... it was good. Go figure. The church is huge beyond reason, the kids area is like a giant Alaska-animal-inspired Noah's Ark type play-place... I would have been, hey, in heaven, if I was a kid there. :) They had a native drum performance during the worship service. The music was good, the people were friendly... But mostly the kids programs are developed, safe, and thorough. Made me want to actually go work in the kids ministry (HAHA, funny, funny!) All this procrastination for nothing...

We went to the zoo yesterday. I decided that its just wrong for porcupines to look so deceptively cuddly. I wanted to squeeze him, and he had the cutest widdle face.
Wolves are evil. there's something about them that gives me the willies. Mys said "I no laak dat doggy." Even she knew. Of course, that may have had to do with them eyeing her like a bite sized morsel. No joke.
The polar bear and grizzly bear were snoozing soundly, both looking like perfect big body pillows, fuzzy and warm. I think the rumors of vicious attacks are made up, they were certainly just begging for a napping buddy! The black bear, however, stared us down and convinced me in the process that my final conclusion on bear-mace is that if he ever gets close enough for me to mace him, indeed, I have reached the end.
It was very educational reading all the signs and watching all the Alaskan animals. I never knew they had snow leopards here (not my most logical thought process, duh), and I thought they captured Big-Foot... which turned out to be the biggest, furriest... camel.. Ive ever seen. Who knew! Anyhow, Im trying to educate myself on this strange part of the world, and the zoo was a good start.

2 comments:

Skubaliscious said...

Yay new church!!!!


I honestly don't think I've ever seen a porcupine in a zoo...and I've been to a lot of zoos.

You'll have to check my facts - but I really don't think wolves eat people. At least that's what it said in the disclaimer at the end of White Fang or some other similar movie that terrified me as a child (obviously the disclaimer did not convince me!).

I'm off to read your stories!

Skubaliscious said...

Loved 'em . The army is so cool - fun traditions and reading stories to the kiddies!