I hate getting behind on my blog, then I feel all overwhelmed and I cant remember what I wanted to write about... This past week was a little rough, and its hurting my brain trying to recall it, so I'll just skip it and try again next week. Besides my bday...
I turned 24 on Thursday. Every year around my birthday I have some sort of mini-crisis centered around "Oh my God, I'm getting old and life is moving too fast." Which, those of you that know me well, know my biggest fear is for life to pass me by... for me to be 80 thinking I wish I would have had some experience I didn't, or that I missed something. But, finally, for the first time in my life, I didn't have this panic on my birthday. I imagine it has something to do with being where I am supposed to be, doing something meaningful and fulfilling. For the first time, with the Army thing, I feel content. Not the stagnant content that Ive experienced at times in the past either, because this involves the promise of adventure... the promise of living.
So aside of trailing behind Cpt 4-miles up and down Arctic Valley, and despite Sgt Man making me wall-sit in the hallway and announce to everyone who walked by "Its my birthday," I would say it was probably my best birthday yet.
The Northern Lights even peaked out right before my run, with an early morning answer to the question I ask Him every year. ;) Ive decided these wispy colors in the sky are right on par with me and Christina's rainbows!
A Checklist For Home Buyers
14 years ago









1 comment:
You know - I just realized - in my mind I'm still 24...so it's weird that you are actually that age. I sort of freaked out that you were catching up to me...hahaha.
Post a Comment