07 September 2008

Inprocessing Blues

As much as I love inprocessing.... (for those of you who haven't had the pleasure of the experience, this is sarcasm!) certain things could potentially be done to make the whole escapade smooth. Per the trends of my life, this apparently is not a possibility for me.
Ive had one real day of inprocessing, and EVERY single office I went in, there was some "issue" with my orders/paperwork/social or just me in general. Nothing can be simple.
So we are in temporary lodging for at least 20 days while they try to iron things out.
I kept telling my Sgt that this is the story of my life.... he finally shook his head and shrugged his shoulders in the final office, when I went to get my extra set of dog tags and the dog tag machine said "Screw You" and couldn't manage to work right. Just because its me.
And I have a whole week of inprocessing to go.
Otherwise I'm quite enjoying Alaska... and the people I have met for the most part seem very interesting. Even though the male-to-female ratio is grossly misproportioned, which makes for a few very Army-esque comments... Infantry-types have no shame, they definitely win the most-blunt award. Good thing I'm spending the next several years of my life surrounded by them... sigh.
As far as I can tell, my job is still the best job in the whole Army. I mean, aside of the networking and connections and general perks that come with it... life is pretty much about stories... we watch movies and read books (stories) we follow celebrities (stories) and we travel and create experiences so we have... stories! I get to find the stories and tell them, creating my own in the process. I'm very excited to get started...
I just have to make it through inprocessing this week. :(
Oh, and of course, I decided not to pt on my leave, because hey... laziness sounded luxurious after Airborne kicked my ass... so in accordance with the rest of my luck... our unit got a new commander... which translates to a PT test at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Skubaliscious said...

It's in the blood!

Have fun runnin' :)